Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Icky Side Yard Dilemma

We have lived in our house for almost 14 years and we have battle this area in our yard for nearly that long. It is a spot that only grows weeds and not much else. It was too wet to plant anything and too shady ... so I came up with an idea ... imagine that!

My idea was to use PALLETS to build a deck-like area. When I told my husband I had found free pallets one Saturday morning, he got out of bed and went with me to where they were 30 minutes away. I know ... I have a keeper :). Unfortunately, we did not have enough caffeine in our system (I don't think any at all) when we made that decision and we were on our way to discover ... there was NO way we were going to be able to fit those in our little car. We have a truck, but it was in the shop and you know how you just get used to having something and don't think things through so well? Yea, that and like I said before, no caffeine made for a bad idea.

Again, my husband (with some caffeine in him now) shakes me back to reality and works on a plan to make this happen. Of course, this required a trip to the lumber store....HIS favorite! When all was said and done, we spent under $30 to make this project happen.

I love how it looks and am excited that we now have a space that we don't have to refer to as, "You know that icky side yard?!".


 
 

The Icky Side Yard.....







Transformed






 

No comments:

Post a Comment